PMU Energy Department
The Government of the Punjab(GOP) and Punjab Energy Department has established Project Management Unit (PMU), comprising of highly skilled staff from different areas of expertise. The aim of the PMU is to enhance the capacity of Energy Department and to support energy department in developing the following:
- Developing effective energy polices to ensure security of Energy, resulting in Industrial and economical growth in Punjab
- Planning Economically and socially viable projects
- Supporting other departments such as Schools Education and irrigation departments etc. in energy related matters
- Supporting Energy Department in Asian Development Bank Clean energy project based on performance based lending
- Solarization of 20,000 Schools and 2500 basic Health Units
- Developing environment policies for controlling smog issue in Major Cities of Punjab
- Establishing highly effective and efficient Monitoring and Control strategies
Project Management Unit is a newly established department which was founded on May 2017. PMU consists of highly experienced professionals in the field of Renewable Energy, Power, Environment, Monitoring and Evaluation, Law, Procurement and Finance. These professionals are working to develop projects and polices based on best international and national practices. PMU staff is currently introducing innovative working methodologies to increase productivity.
Punjab Solarization School Program South is an initiative of Government of Punjab under the vision of Honorable Chief Minister Punjab, the project has the objective to install energy efficient fans and light bulbs, powered by hybrid solar PV systems on 10,861 schools in Punjab. The project shall facilitate students and increase enrollment. This will provide students with access to uninterrupted supply of electricity in 10,861 schools in South Punjab.